Race Technical Difficulty Score (RTDS) =3
1. The course will be well marked with small orange landscaping flags and arrows.
2. Monitors will direct you at crucial points along the course.
3. 11 aid stations will be available with water and Gatorade.
4. Energy gel will be available to marathon runners at selected aid stations after aid station #2.
5. Mile markers will be in place throughout the course.
6. Cut off is enforced at 7 hours, which is close to a 16 minute mile.
The Redding Marathon and Marathon Relay will begin at the Shasta Dam Visitor’s Center parking lot at 8 am January 19,2014.